Empowering young people to create, share and engage in dynamic learning opportunities in their communities.
Youth work is presented with major challenges in a world where face to face meetings can no longer be taken for granted. Still, young people need to continue to learn skills such as digital competencies, employability, how to engage in public life, and to become well rounded participants in society.
With this in mind, the objectives of the Mobile Learning Communities project are;
1) to train young people in dynamic digital content creation through blended learning techniques.
2) to empower young people to use that content for social good.
3) to train youth workers in embedding the Mobile Learning Communities system in their local context
4) to provide themed place-based learning opportunities for young people and
5) to provide a suite of learning analytics to the youth workers based on the young people’s activities within the community.
These objectives will be met through a training programme and an innovative system of quick response (QR) codes which when scanned can return different results filtered by subject type, topic, language or activity.